Self-Knowledge and Self-Discipline, by Father Basil William Maturin
Self-reverence, self-knowledge, self-control.
These three alone lead life to sovereign power.
Yet not for power (power of herself
Would come uncalled for), but to live by law,
Acting the law we live by without fear.
- The Principle of Self-Discipline
- The Seat of the Conflict
- The Discipline of the Will
- The Discipline of the Mind
- The Discipline of the Affections
- The Discipline of the Body
- Morification and the Supernatural Life
- The Law a Preparation for the Revelation of Love
- download in EPub format
- The text of this ebook is taken from the book Self-Knowledge and Self-Discipline by Father Basil William Maturin. The edition used was published by Longmans, Green and Co. of London, England in 1916, and printed by the University Press of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- It has the Nihil Obstat of C. Schut, D.D., Censor deputatus, and the Imprimatur of Father Edmund Surmont, Vicar-General of the Archdiocese of Westminster, England, 28 October 1915./li>
- The cover image is a detail of the painting Philosopher in Meditation by Rembrandt, 1632. The painting is in the Louvre Museum, Paris, France, and the image was swiped from Wikimedia Commons.